Oak Park truck accident lawyers who get results for injured victims
Our truck accident attorneys can help you recover compensation
We see commercial trucks out on the streets and highways every day in Oak Park. Usually, we don't give them a second thought. But a truck accident can have a devastating impact on your life. If negligence caused the accident that left you injured, you deserve financial compensation. The experienced Oak Park truck accident attorneys from Coplan & Crane know what you are going through, and we can help.
A fully-loaded tractor trailer can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds. A commercial truck of any size traveling at high speed can inflict a lot of damage in a collision. Survivors of a truck accident may be left with very serious injuries and require months or even years of recovery. Some are left permanently disabled and may need lifelong care.
Oak Park truck crash attorneys holding negligent parties accountable
Sometimes, truck drivers are responsible for causing an accident. They may have been speeding to try to make a delivery schedule. They may have been distracted by their smartphone or onboard computer. Some drivers may be under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of an accident. And in some cases, fatigued drivers fall asleep at the wheel.
The trucking company may also be responsible for a truck accident. They may have failed to properly maintain or repair the trucks in their fleet. They may have hired a driver who was not qualified. Or they may have given a driver a delivery schedule that was not realistic. Other times, a manufacturer can be held responsible for a part on the truck that was defective and failed to function properly.
Recovering compensation after being injured in a truck accident is complicated. There are many reasons for this, including:
- Negligent parties usually don't accept blame for causing the accident.
- Multiple parties can be involved - for example, the driver, the trucking company, the owner the trailer, the owner of the cargo, and the manufacturer of any defective parts. Each may have different attorneys and insurance companies.
- Crucial evidence that can prove you were the victim of negligence is controlled by the trucking companies. This includes hours of service logs, maintenance and employment records, and electronic control module data (the truck's "black box").
- Trucking companies have their own investigators who can be on the scene fairly quickly to secure evidence that can prove negligence.
- Insurance companies know that there is a lot of money at stake, and they will fight you every step of the way to avoid paying you.
Experienced truck accident lawyers who get results in Oak Park
Our truck crash attorneys have been helping victims of truck accidents in Oak Park recover financial compensation since 2005. Our truck crash lawyers know the tactics trucking companies and insurance companies use to avoid responsibility. We know how to build strong cases that insurance companies have to take seriously, and we have the case results to prove it.
The truck accident attorneys at Coplan & Crane can investigate your truck accident to get the facts for ourselves. We take quick action to preserve evidence that is controlled by the trucking company. We identify witnesses and interview them ourselves. We also have a network of accident reconstruction experts and other specialists who can help us understand what really happened.
Resolving a truck accident can take time, but our truck accident lawyers are dedicated to helping you get the most compensation possible. Learn more about how we can help during a free case evaluation with one of our truck accident attorneys. Contact our Oak Park law firm today.