Hurt due to a drunk driver? Our Oak Park car crash attorneys can help
Most people know that driving under the influence of alcohol is dangerous, but when a drunk driver injures another person in a car crash due their reckless decision, the Oak Park car accident lawyers from Coplan & Crane will demand they take responsibility for their negligence.
Driving while intoxicated (DWI) is extremely dangerous for the person under the influence of alcohol and everyone else the drunk driver encounters while on the road. Getting behind the wheel of a car requires coordination and other basic motor skills to ensure safe driving, but consuming alcohol can greatly impact a person’s ability to operate a vehicle.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car crash caused by a drunk driver, let an Oak Park car accident attorney from Coplan & Crane review the details of your case. You might be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries, lost wages due to missed time at work, pain and suffering, and more. Contact our Oak Park law firm today for a free consultation.
Oak Park car crash lawyers who understand the dangers of drunk driving
When a person consumes alcohol and it enters their bloodstream, it can greatly impact their ability to drive a car. Drunk drivers can cause rear-end accidents, T-bone/broadside accidents, and deadly head-on collisions. Some ways consuming alcohol can affect your driving include:
- Delayed reaction time: Drinking alcohol makes your ability to react slower, meaning you might not be able to stop in time if, for example, the car in front of you suddenly has to use its brakes.
- Reduced coordination: Driving requires basic motor skills involving your eyes, hands, and feet. Consuming alcohol can greatly affect your coordination and make something like safely navigating through an intersection a challenge
- Lack of concentration: Alcohol affects your attention span, and when you’re driving, you need to be able to concentrate in order to safely operate your vehicle. Driving under the influence of alcohol can impair your ability to drive your car at a safe speed and increase your chance of a car accident because you’re not paying attention to the road.
- Impaired vision: If you drink enough alcohol, your vision can be negatively affected. Involuntary eye movement and blurry vision are common symptoms of excessive alcohol consumption, and this can affect your peripheral vision and your ability to judge the distance between vehicles.
- Lack of judgment: When you drive a car, you need to be able to anticipate what’s happening before it happens. Consuming alcohol impacts your ability to make good judgments while you’re driving, and puts you at greater risk for a car accident.
Get an Oak Park car accident attorney in your corner today
While drunk driving car accidents should be straightforward and simple to deal with, they often turn into something complicated and frustrating for the person who got injured. If the other driver denies being drunk, challenges DUI test results, or tries to pin the blame on you for the crash, you might not get the compensation you deserve. That’s not right, and our Oak Park car accident attorneys understand that’s not fair.
Our legal team has experience handling drunk driving accident cases and knows how to build a winning claim so you can get fair compensation. We win for those who have lost. Contact our Oak Park law firm today for a free consultation.