Our truck crash attorneys know how to help injured victims get justice
Commercial vehicles such as vans and delivery trucks share the Illinois roads with other drivers, and when these vehicles cause a crash that injures another driver, the Oak Park truck accident lawyers from Coplan & Crane are ready to hold them responsible.
Oak Park is home to a long stretch of I-290, which serves as a way for many drivers to travel into Chicago. Trucks, SUVs, cars and a lot of commercial vehicles, including delivery trucks and commercial vans, travel through Oak Park every day during their daily commute. Unfortunately, commercial vehicle drivers aren’t always as careful or responsible as they should be when driving their delivery trucks or vans, and when they cause crashes the results are often disastrous.
If you or a loved one were injured in a commercial vehicle crash, our Oak Park truck accident attorneys can review the details of your case to see if you might be able to take legal action. You may be entitled to compensation. Contact our Oak Park legal team today for a free case consultation.
Oak Park truck accident lawyers who demand answers for hurt victims
Commercial vehicle drivers are subject to a lot of state and federal laws and in many cases are required to attain a commercial driver’s license. While commercial vehicle operators are held to strict standards, the trucking company they work for doesn’t always take responsibility when one of their drivers causes an accident. When the driver of a commercial vehicle causes an accident, a team of investigators and attorneys from the trucking company typically does everything it can to make sure injured crash victims are paid as little as possible, or in some cases, nothing at all.
Our Oak Park truck accident lawyers won’t let them bully you or trick you into settling for less. Our truck crash attorneys have years of experience handling commercial vehicle accidents in Oak Park and across Illinois, and our legal team knows what it takes to build a winning case.
As it is with semi-truck accidents, crashes involving commercial vehicles including delivery trucks and vans are avoidable and frequently caused by driver error or negligence. Some common causes of commercial vehicle accidents include:
- Reckless driving: When a commercial vehicle operator is speeding, distracted, fatigued, under the influence of alcohol/drugs, or otherwise driving irresponsibly, that driver should be held accountable when they cause an accident that results in someone getting hurt. Our Oak Park truck accident lawyers can help.
- Insufficient maintenance: Commercial vehicles, such as delivery trucks and vans, are driven so much that regular maintenance is a critical component in ensuring the safety of the operator and everyone else on the road. When regular maintenance is ignored or not done correctly, malfunctions can occur that cause the driver to lose control and cause an accident, potentially injuring others.
- Improper cargo load: If a commercial vehicle’s cargo is unbalanced or overloaded, it can cause the vehicle to tip or rollover, injuring other drivers in the process. If you’ve been injured in an accident with a commercial vehicle, our Oak Park truck accident lawyers can help.
- Unqualified drivers: Commercial vehicle drivers are subject to a lot of rules and regulations, and sometimes they are required to undergo background checks to make sure they are qualified to drive a commercial vehicle. If a trucking company cuts corners in its hiring process, someone who isn’t qualified to operate a commercial vehicle could get behind the wheel and cause an accident.
- Faulty equipment or tires: If a commercial vehicle crashed due to defective equipment or tires, the manufacturers of those products can be held accountable.
Let our Oak Park truck accident attorneys get to work on your case
Accidents involving commercial vehicles can get complicated, and if you’ve been in a crash with a delivery truck or van it’s critical that you get an Oak Park truck accident lawyer on your team to help guide you through the legal process. The longer you wait to make a claim, the worse your chances will be at receiving compensation. Evidence can disappear. Witnesses can change or forget their stories. In some cases, the trucking company’s team of investigators and attorneys may try to say the accident was your fault. Don’t let them push you around. Get an experienced truck accident attorney from our Oak Park legal team on your side, fighting for your rights. We win for those who have lost. Contact our Oak Park law firm today for a free consultation.