Get a Rockford truck accident lawyer for your commercial vehicle crash
Hurt in a commercial vehicle crash in Rockford? Our attorneys can help
Rockford drivers share the roads and highways with commercial vehicles, such as vans and delivery trucks, and when the drivers of those commercial vehicles cause crashes that injure others, the Rockford truck accident lawyers from Coplan & Crane are ready to step in to hold the negligent drivers accountable.
Whether you're traveling across Route 20 or going down Route 2, Rockford's roads and highways are filled with trucks, SUVs, cars, and many different types of commercial vehicles, including delivery trucks and vans. While most drivers are careful and follow the rules of the road, some, including those who get behind the wheel of a commercial vehicle, are negligent and cause accidents that result in serious injury.
If you or a loved one have been hurt in a commercial vehicle crash, our Rockford truck accident attorneys can study the details of your case to see if it's in your best interest to take legal action. You may be entitled to compensation. Contact our Rockford legal team today for a free case consultation.
Rockford truck accident lawyers who get wins for injured crash victims
When the driver of a commercial vehicle causes an accident, attorneys and investigators from the driver's trucking company usually do everything in their power to make sure injured crash victims are paid out as little as possible, or in some cases, nothing at all. The trucking company has a legal team fighting to protect its rights, and so should you.
Our Rockford truck accident lawyers won't let you get pushed around or fooled into settling for less than what's fair. Our truck crash attorneys have experience winning these types of cases in Rockford and Winnebago County, and we know what it takes to build a strong claim.
Just like accidents involving 18-wheelers, crashes with commercial vehicles such as vans or delivery trucks are preventable and typically caused by driver error or negligence. Some common ways commercial vehicle crashes happen include:
- Distracted driving: The driver of a commercial vehicle may have been reading a text, reaching for a cellphone, eating food, looking out the window, or simply lost in thought when the accident occurred. In any case, the driver was distracted while operating a commercial vehicle and should be held responsible.
- Poor maintenance: Commercial vehicles, just like any other kind of vehicle, need to be regularly maintained. This includes checking everything from brakes and tires to the vehicle's tail lights and turn signals. If a commercial vehicle isn't properly maintained, the chances of an accident increase.
- Incorrectly loading cargo: Commercial vehicles are often carrying large amounts of cargo, and if that cargo isn't properly loaded into the vehicle it can cause a rollover accident. Cargo loads must be balanced and the commercial vehicle cannot be overloaded. If not done correctly, an accident can happen.
- Drivers who aren't qualified: Trucking companies sometimes cut corners when hiring drivers for their commercial vehicles, and someone who isn't properly trained or qualified can end up behind the wheel. If a person isn't qualified to operate a commercial vehicle, they are at risk of causing an accident.
- Defective equipment: Sometimes commercial vehicles crash due to faulty equipment or tires. If that's the case, the manufacturers of those products can be held responsible for the accident.
Let a Rockford truck accident attorney work on your injury case today
If you've been involved in an accident with a commercial vehicle, things can get complicated. That's when the experience of a Rockford truck accident lawyer can help guide you through the legal process, every step of the way. When you've been in a crash with a commercial vehicle, it's important to act fast. People who witnessed the accident can forget what happened or change their story. Evidence can vanish. Sometimes, the truck company might try to say the crash was your fault. Take a stand and demand justice. Get an experienced truck accident attorney from our Rockford legal team on your side, fighting for your best interests. We win for those who have lost. Contact our Rockford law firm today for a free consultation.